- Predictable Irrational by Dan Ariely
Fun read about how we make decisions.
- Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
Covers the psychology behind flow states, aka optimal experiences.
- Drive by Daniel Pink
Discusses what it takes to do your best work.
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
Great tips on shifting your mental state for success.
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor
Loved it. Many studies on the effects of happiness.
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
Traditional marketing doesn’t work. Your product must be remarkable.
- Hooked by Nir Eyal
How-to guide on creating addictive products and apps.
- How to Kill a Unicorn by Mark Payne
Great case studies on how this innovation firm succeeds.
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
Change happens gradually, you must be persistent.
- How to Fly a Horse by Kevin Ashton
Great chapters on the massive female contribution to creative and scientific fields.
- Game Feel by Steve Swink
Offers great vocabulary for game designers to discuss feel.
- Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
The importance of networking and some useful tips on building a network.
- The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
How-to guide for starting a side business to generate additional revenue.
- Creativity, Inc by Ed Catmull
Lots of great stories about Pixar’s development methods.